1. Your licence to use the Directory
The Directory is published by HowGuides ™ Limited. We have copyright in the Directory, and we and other people have copyright in the articles and advertisements published in it. We license you to use the Directory on these terms:
- You are allowed to manually access the Directory, to make a copy of the results of any searches made in the Directory, and to use those results, provided that none of such access, copying and use is for the purpose and in the course of any business, or for the creation of your own commercial database.
- All material you download or print must retain any trade marks and copyright notices as they appear in the Directory. All such trade marks and copyrights remain the property of their respective owners. HowGuides ™ Limited does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the holders of such intellectual property rights (unless otherwise stated by us), and as such HowGuides TM Limited cannot grant any rights to use such protected materials. Your use of any such property is at your own risk.
- Apart from using the Directory under this licence or any fair dealing under the Copyright Act 1994, no material from the Directory may be searched, printed, downloaded, copied, republished or distributed in any way without the prior written permission of HowGuides ™ Limited.
- You will not submit queries to the Directory for the purpose of obtaining information about the Directory, its ontology, its structure, or its contents.
2. Automated searching by public search engines only
Automated searches may be carried out only by public search engines so as to index the Directory. We may prohibit access by any search engine at any time.
3. Information and web site links provided by advertisers
The Directory provides a facility for businesses to advertise their products and services on-line. Some advertisements in the Directory are maintained electronically by the advertisers themselves without our involvement and some have links to advertisers’ own web sites. We are not responsible for the content or availability of any third party websites. There are no pop-ups anywhere within the HowGuides website. If you receive a pop-up as a result of clicking on a third party site, you acknowledge that they did not originate from our site.
Although we ask advertisers to make sure their advertisements in the Directory and on their own linked web sites are accurate, we are not responsible for checking them and make no representation about the accuracy or truth of any advertisement or content within the advertisement.
Please use caution and common sense when using the articles in the Directory and advertisers’ linked web sites. Material included by advertisers may be inappropriate or offensive. For example, parents may wish to obtain commercially available software to help limit access by children to such material.
4. Your dealings with advertisers
We are not the agent of any advertiser listed in the Directory, or of any of the article contributors. We do not endorse or recommend the contents of the articles, the advertisers or their products and services and have no control over the quality, safety, suitability, legality, availability or price of any article, or product or service advertised in the Directory. We are not involved, on behalf of either you or the advertiser, in any dealing resulting from your use of the Directory. You must communicate and deal with advertisers directly to complete transactions or resolve problems arising from them.
5. Using information about use of the Directory
Information about use of the Directory is of commercial value to us. To help us provide high quality Directory and advertising services for both users and advertisers, and other services for our other customers, we may collect and store information about the way the Directory is being used (such as how many computers are accessing it and which browsers are being used) and the products and services advertised in the Directory. This may include sending a `cookie` to your computer. This identifies your computer uniquely but does not harm your computer and does not identify you. (Most internet browsers enable users to disable cookies. If you want to do this, look under `Options` or `Preferences` in your browser menu). We may share the information we collect with other HowGuides companies, with HowGuides officers, employees, contractors and agents, and with our customers and other agencies.
6. Availability of our services
We do not guarantee that access to the Directory or any other service we provide via the Directory will be continuous or fault-free. We may modify the Directory, or withhold, suspend or restrict any service provided via the Directory, at any time without notice.
7. Exclusion of liability
Article contributors are solely responsible for the content of their articles. We advise that none of the articles contained in the Directory has necessarily been reviewed by people with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate or reliable information. HowGuides ™ Limited cannot and does not guarantee the legality validity or accuracy of any of the information contained in the articles, or that such information is up to date. If you require specific advice (for example medical, legal, financial, or risk management) you should seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area. You acknowledge and agree that your reliance on the contents of any article is at your own risk.
We exclude any liability we may have to you relating to your use of the Directory, the articles contained in the Directory, or its availability. This exclusion also applies for the benefit of every other HowGuides company and all officers, employees, contractors and agents of any HowGuides company. None of these people are liable to you or have to pay you for anything caused by or resulting from your use of the Directory or your reliance on the articles or advertisements contained in the Directory. This exclusion applies whatever you are claiming for and however liability arises or might arise if it were not for this clause.
This exclusion does not limit any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 if something we do for you as a user of the Directory is a service under that Act and you are not acquiring the service for the purposes of a business.
If anything we do for you as a user of the Directory is a service under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and you are acquiring the service for the purposes of a business as defined in that Act, the provisions of that Act do not apply to the service.
8. New Zealand law applies
The Directory is located in New Zealand and all services we provide via the Directory are provided in New Zealand under New Zealand law. You may take action against us only in a New Zealand court. This applies whether you are using the Directory from inside or outside New Zealand.
10. Further Terms